Our Firm - Medical Malpractice and More in Annapolis Maryland Area
The Law Offices of Gregory S. McKee was initially created to defend physicians and other health care providers throughout the State of Maryland, a practice that we continue to this day. Specifically, our practice focuses on defending individuals and corporations against claims of medical malpractice, both in the civil arena and through administrative proceedings.
Our firm engages in general civil and trial practice in state and federal courts throughout Maryland, Delaware and the District of Columbia. The focus of our practice is litigation. Each case is handled on its own merits, individually. We concentrate our efforts on individualized care, top quality experts and zealous representation through all phases of the litigation process.
Mr. McKee has over two decades of experience in defending all types of professionals, including physicians and other health care providers, dentists, and attorneys. He has litigated both state and federal cases in Maryland, D.C. and Delaware, often achieving favorable results for his clients resulting in defense verdicts. He has also appeared in the appellate courts for all three jurisdictions, helping to create favorable caselaw for professionals in negligence actions.
The Law Offices of Gregory S. McKee has handled a large volume of insurance-coverage issues for both insurers and policyholders. This includes civil claims grounded in medical malpractice, as well as Board of Physician complaints and policy questions.
Since its inception, The Law Offices of Gregory S. McKee has expanded to defend health care providers in Maryland, Delaware and the District of Columbia. Regardless of jurisdiction, the firm maintains a commitment to excellence and zealously advocates on behalf of their clients.
You can reach Mr. McKee at email@example.com.
STEPHEN L. ALTMAN - OF COUNSEL
Mr. Altman, who is “of Counsel” to the Firm, has extensive trial and appellate experience in the defense of individual healthcare providers, hospitals and other health care organizations in medical and dental malpractice actions in Virginia and the District of Columbia. He also represents health care providers before state licensing authorities in disciplinary actions. Among his many accolades, Mr. Altman has been recognized by his peers as a Super Lawyer in both Virginia and the District of Columbia since 2006, and listed in the Best Lawyers in America since 2007.
Mr. Altman is a frequent lecturer to insurance companies, medical groups, medical students, residents and attending physicians on a variety of medical/legal topics and risk management issues. He has lectured at Department of General Surgery Grand Rounds at Inova Fairfax Hospital, Department of General Surgery and Department of Obstetrics Grand Rounds at MedStar-Georgetown Medical Center, Department of General Surgery and Department of Obstetrics Grand Rounds at Washington Hospital Center. He also is a frequent lecturer to third and fourth year medical students at Virginia Commonwealth University on a variety of issues. Steve is an Adjunct Professor at the George Mason University School of Law, where he teaches Advanced Trial Advocacy, and an Adjunct Professor at Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine, Inova Campus. He has coauthored a chapter on informed consent in “Surgical Pitfalls” (Stephen R.T. Evans, M.D. ed.) (2009).
Mr. Altman is a member of the Virginia State Bar, Illinois State Bar Association (inactive status), and The District of Columbia Bar Association.
- Virginia, 1977
- District of Columbia, 1978
- Illinois, 1979
- The United States Supreme Court
- District of Columbia Court of Appeals
- United States District Court for the District of Columbia
- United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- The Ohio State University, 1974 B.A
- International School of Law (now George Mason University School of Law), 1977 J.D.
- Co-Author: “Surgical Pitfalls” (Stephen R. T. Evans, M.D. ed.) (2009)
- Honors and Awards:
- Best Lawyers® in America in Medical Malpractice Law, 2007, 2010-2014
- Best Lawyers® in Washington DC, 2009-2012, 2015
- Best Lawyers® in Baltimore and Washington DC, 2011-2014
- Super Lawyers, Virginia (top 5% of all attorneys in Virginia), 2006-2015, 2022
- Super Lawyers, Washington DC, 2006-2014
- Super Lawyers, Corporate Counsel Edition2009, 2010
- Washingtonian Magazine Top Lawyers, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013
- Northern Virginia Magazine Top Lawyers 2012
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Virginia Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association (inactive status)
- District of Columbia Bar Association